Taoist Light Qigong Stage I
LEVEL I --- Taoist Light Qigong for beginners
Taoist Light Qigong seems like a very simple practice, yet it will actually put you to an advanced Qigong level if you can "let go" and "follow the naturalness." There are five stages in Taoist Light Qigong, and each stage is initiated with one posture and a couple of meaningful words. Since the sound and meaning of these word contain higher energy vibrations which will help you to connect to the ancient enlightenment consciousness. It is like obtaining a password to log on to the infinite energy field in the universe.
For example, in stage 3, the word will be " Guang" (in Chinese), which means "light" as in Taoist Light, sunlight, brightness, the golden light, and the pure source of the energy.
Functions of each stage in Taoist Light Qigong (Level I):
- Stage One builds up kidney Qi - the foundation/reservoir of our physical energy, heals chronic fatigue syndromes, weak immunity, pain and soreness in lower back and legs, reproductive organs dysfunction, etc.
- Stage Two enhances the digestion and absorption, works on internal organs such as stomach, spleen, liver, and pancreas. People who have digestive system dysfunction will benefit from this stage.
- Stage Three helps concentration and mental clarity, improves memory and peaceful thinking patterns; people who have excessive thoughts and sleeping disorders will benefit from this stage.
- Stage Four heals the emotional loss/trauma and regains or increases inner-joy and peace.
- Stage Five helps to remember who we truly are and where we are from, receiving energy directly from the universe.
In conclusion, stages One and Two work on physical body; Three works on the mental body; Four works on emotional body; and Five works on the spiritual body. If you practice Taoist Light Qigong for 30 minutes a day, you will be purified with the healing Qi and maintain your optimal health condition and overall balance.
Level II. KIng Wen (I-Ching) Qigong
After one practices Taoist Light Qigong Level 1 for three months, one can join the next level - Wen Wang Qigong workshop for advanced training. It only requires the same amount of time but double the practice. For example, if one spends half an hour on practicing Taoist Light Qigong, one will spend half an hour on practicing Taoist Light Qigong (five stages) and Wen Wang Qigong (five stages), for ten stages in total.
King Wen of Zhou (1152 – 1056 BCE) who is a real enlightened king and spiritual being in Chinese history who composed the I Ching—The Book of Changes, which is one of the oldest classic text in China and widely used all over the world. It is a gateway of communing with the divine. It reveals the universal law based on changes between Yin and Yang interactions—the two opposite, energy forces.
Wen Wang Qigong deepens the healing on the emotional level for spiritual enlightening. The function of the five stages in Wen Wang Qigong are:
- Stage One connects to the Enlightened Being/Energy.
- Stage Two is being ready for change and going with the flow.
- Stage Three is having the courage to move forward.
- Stage Four is being present in the here and now.
- Stage Five is moving towards Heavenly Qi.
Stage II. Taoist Light Meditation Workshop
For potential Taoist Light Healers and Instructors to awaken potentiality and obtain transcendental abilities. A form of sitting meditation for freeing from any worldly attachments, cleanse the excessive thoughts, and bring inner peace. This awakens the power and potential within, enabling the Qi to circulate and adjust gently by itself with ease at all times.
Level IV. Advanced Taoist Light Meditation Workshop
For advanced Taoist Light Qigong practitioners who commit to serve.
Deeply connect/appreciate the earth Qi; increase mental and spiritual focus and strength; and practice inner tranquility, loving kindness, and broad-mindedness of character (the earth-like quality). Tap into the highest energy level and live to the fullest through transcendent power and wisdom. Merge with immeasurable light with full awareness.
In conclusion,Taoist Light Qigong Level 1 and Level 2 represent the beginner and advanced movement Qigong for general participants; while stage II and Stage III represent advanced sitting Qigong for practitioners. The human body is like a vessel, the moving Qigong can help to empty out the old, unwanted energy which does not serve us anymore, and sitting Qigong will help us to become filled with new, pure and healthy Qi.
* Certified Healer Training/Taoist Light Qigong Instructor Training Workshop
Once one is healed self, one will naturally raise the compassion to help/facilitate others on their healing journey. This training focuses on how to read and understand energy, shield and protect self-energy while working with certain severe conditions. Effective skills for non-contact external Qigong healing methods will be introduced. Instructors will also learn how to work with students in a Taoist Light Qigong classroom, initiate Qi flowing and guide students on the right track. A certificate will be provided after the student completes all the required studying and practice hours under supervision.
Specialized Qigong Workshops
After students have studied and practiced Taoist Light Qigong for three months for building foundational Qi, students can choose to continue with Level II or other supplementary Qigong workshops:
• Taoist Light Medical Qigong
This practice only takes a few minutes; and is simple, easy, and effective. Practice it the first thing after getting up in morning to help you understand the "illusion of sickness."
• Eye-healing Qigong
This is a sitting position in a free-flow style for healing eye illnesses and discomforts, which are especially common nowadays with people using computers and smart-phones so much that leads to eye strain.
• Chinese Tea/Calligraphy Workshop
Come to try these traditional Asian art forms to be mindful and graceful in a relaxing setting.
Taoist Light Fengshui Workshop
In the word Fengshui (Wind and water), wind represents the energy from sky, while water represents the energy from earth. Fengshui is about the conditions of the house/land energy in which we live. A good Fengshui house will be filled with light, joyous, nurturing, balanced, and harmonious energy which will support the people who live there, and bring people mental/emotional stability, peace, happiness, good health, and abundance.
In this workshop, you will learn:
1. How to identify a good Fengshui house for residential or commercial purposes.
2. What are important factors to fix the energy in a house which has Fengshui problems.
3. How to help the energy flow in the spaces for living room, bedroom, office, etc.
4. What you need to know for avoiding negative Fengshui. 5. How to enhance your prosperity in house and office.
• Private Qigong Healing Sessions
A powerful form of energetic healing from China reaches your life energy and brings it back into balance with either a non-contact or hands-on form of healing. This healing session is only open to Taoist Light Qigong students or prospective students.
Available by appointment: please email Chiyan [at] sbqigong [dot] com to reserve a session
• Qigong Workshops
All Taoist Light Qigong workshops mostly just need to take once, while students from previous workshops can come back for the third/last class of group practice to restart or refresh at no charge. We encourage participants with self-cultivation and responsibility for self. Once one receives the benefits of Taoist Light Qigong, one will be much more self motivated to keep practicing. Quality over quantity, Taoist Light Qigong prefers to work with small groups to ensure the quality teaching with personal guidance.